Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Back From Nowhere

Wow. It took 16 months before I finally got to visit this blog site once again. I don't know why I stopped posting or why I went back after months of being dormant. And I think nobody cares if I stuff this with my blogs or not. It was never a full-grown blog (like the ones you see all over the net) and I believe it would never be. It only serves as an outlet of my thoughts, rants, opinions or anything that I know nobody would spend time reading. It's pessimistic. Negative.

16 months. So many things have changed since my last post. I was a student then, trying to figure out the direction of this life. Maybe I stopped posting because I was busy doing our thesis. It took a large portion of my life back then. It was successful at first but it didn't have that happy ending.

I graduated. It was a dream come true. I studied hard for 16 years and I knew it made my parents happy. They were proud of me. And I didn't just study - I learned. I was not the good, smart, all-knowing and studious student sent from above. I was never a teacher's pet. I cut classes. I copied homeworks and exams. I scribbled on my paper during discussions. But I learned everything my way and I never regret. It was all part of the learning.

Now, I'm putting to use all those learnings in my everyday life. I got my job a month before I graduated. I prayed for it and I got it. I'm now working for a big TV network where I know life will never be easy. It's a whole new world out here. I'm starting to live on my own as I try to be more independent from anyone's support. My job is a bit more demanding from the common jobs we know. I'm starting from scratch - learning the job, the company and its people. We're putting up a reality show but there's a bigger reality show happening in our everyday life.

And that was a very brief rundown of what happened to me while I was away. Hehe. After a month and a week, I'll be 21. I don't know where this life leads. When I was a student, I was looking forward to my graduation. Now that I finished schooling, I'm actually clueless of what to expect or hope for. Every day becomes an ordeal. All I know is I have to be at my best, always. But I'll never stop learning. It's one of those small things I learned from schooling.

:)

No comments: